As a business owner who has built their brand upon incredible service or on a great product, you may want to capitalize on your brand equity. Brands who specialize in service, or who have not yet ventured into products that promote their brand, benefit from working with company that has the infrastructure to compile quality items.
Building a Campaign
- Layout Your Actionable Business Goals– Your first plan of action is to decide what your business goals for your product campaign are. You could be trying to build brand awareness in a specific location or you could be interested in gaining new revenue streams from your brand name.
- Decide Your Campaign Promotion– If your promotion is going to build brand awareness your promotion could be a campaign around an event in the location you are targeting. It could also be a campaign of merchandise your brand wants to sell in a Ecommerce store or at their retail locations.
- Find an Industry Expert– Find a partner who is going to expertly curate the best products at the best price for your campaign. Working with a company that has an in house art department helps keep your brand guidelines at the forefront of the campaign. This ensures the products you are using as a giveaway or selling represent your brand’s quality and values.
- Finalize Campaign– Work with your branding partner to get all pricing and figures for your campaign in order. Use the figures from past events or RSVP to the event you are throwing as a gauge for the number of promotional items you will need. If you are going the Ecommerce route you may want to test products before making a substantial purchase. Some smaller items may require larger quantities to purchased outright.
- Test Your Products– If you are planning on using your products as giveaways you may want to use a call to action on your products in order to see where the referral came from. You can even do an A/B test to see which products prompted the most responses by using separate promotional codes. If you are choosing to create an Ecommerce store you may want to use a focus group to poll your target market on different types of products they may purchase. You could also use A/B testing to see what products or language sell your product better.
- Implement and Market– The next step is to implement your giveaways or Ecommerce store into your marketing mix. Giveaways can be used in many ways, contests, events, or as a prize with purchase it is up to you to decide where and when to place your product to gain the most engagement.
The Ecommerce store can be implemented and marketed through social media channels. You could also use your giveaways to direct traffic to your webstore. You can also develop a larger media campaign if you have the capital.
- Analyze and Adjust– As you typically do this with the services and products you currently have in your repertoire, you will need to measure metrics of sales or the leads you generated from your giveaways. After you have these metrics you will need to analyze your return on investment and adjust inventory or try new giveaways if necessary.
As a business owner or decision maker you also have the opportunity to license your brand to a company who can create an Ecommerce storefront for you. This opportunity allows you to gain revenue from your brand equity without having to build the infrastructure that a webstore may require. Ecommerce stores can be personalized to your brand’s message, logo, and color scheme.
Creating a campaign of new products can be an exciting expansion for a business. It can also help you gain new impressions and loyal clients who can bring in new revenue. Fans of your brand will love the new opportunity to support you. New clients will flip over the giveaways and promotions, and can lead to keeping them as a loyal customer.
If you are looking for an industry expert to help your campaign dreams a reality, please Contact Us at Imprint Engine.